On average, approximately how many times per day do you yawn?
I’m not sure. Maybe a dozen?
What was your most memorable school field trip?
I was in grade 7 and we took a ski trip. My teacher broke his leg above his boot and needed metal plates put in. Poor fellow.
Fill in the blank: I was extremely __________________ this week.
Which color do you think of when you hear the word “soothing”?
At this point in the week, I cannot even comprehend the word “soothing” let alone think of a colour for it.
What is something that, if you had to, you could save up the money to buy within one month?
A gaming system. Although the PS3 that comes out in the fall may be too pricey to get with only one month’s savings.
>More Rain. Just what we needed. It has been a rainy season and I’m about ready for some sun. I sure hope we have good weather next week since we’ll be performing outdoors in the Rothesay Commons.
Otherwise rehearsals are plugging along. Once I’m done with Much Ado, it’ll be time to move on to makeup for Macbeth, and once that is done I’ll be moving on to rehearsals for “The Spelling Bee” by Phillip Vassallo. I’ll be directing it for Theatre on the Edge and I’m pretty excited about it. Here is a synopsis:
This animated comedy thrusts two young men on stage, one black and one white. Each has been victimized by the same crime. One at a time, they tell their story while the other plays humorous supporting roles to enhance the narrative. The back assails everyone he sees in the white world: neighborhood greasers, sociology professors and sleazy businessmen. Reverse discrimination, violence perpetrated by blacks and the impotent justice system form the core of the white man’s tale. Their tirades culminate in an explosive confrontation- one’s sister was stabbed to death and the other was charged with the crime and then exonerated.
Dark, funny and touching – right up my alley! I’ve managed to convince Huey Lord to be in it, so at auditions (July 8th at 11 AM and July 9th at 1 pm a the SJTC Loft at 86 Prince William Street, 4th Floor) I’ll be looking for the other character. It will require an experienced male actor (approx. age would be in their 20′s or early 30′s) – someone who can jump in and out of characters and really hold their own on stage. I recommend reading the play first if you get a chance.
>After rehearsal last night, about 10 of us from the cast rushed over to Empire Theatres to see a sneak peek at Superman Returns. From a pure entertainment standpoint I just loved it. Fun over-the-top story, some very well done acting, good casting, and awesome special effects. I even enjoyed some of the cheesier moments in the film (I think that’s part of the fun of the story.)
There are, however, a couple of things that came to mind after mulling it over. Now some liberties have been taken that Superman purists would roll their eyes at. How is it that he isn’t really affected by krypton unless he comes into direct contact with it? That bugged me. Also, Lois seemed too young to have a kid. She didn’t really have a maternal essence to her. And she’s way too skinny. That just bolsters that hollywood stereotype and permutates eating disorders in young girls who hope to match these unrealistic expectations. But I digress…. Now I normally love anything that Kevin Spacey does but I wasn’t too fond of his Lex Luthor. But then, that’s in the writing. I thought he did a fine job with what he was given (which in this case, was a pretty dumb plan and some far-too-silly companions.)
I’m guessing that a lot of my friends who went to see it last night weren’t impressed in the end. It’ll be interesting to hear their thoughts on it. All-in-all I was up for some action-fluff and didn’t mind if a few liberties were taken, and so I still think it was a fun bit of entertainment.
>Ah well, let’s see… I’m into the thick of things with rehearsals for Much Ado About Nothing. Essentially it’s a rush to get from work to rehearsal each night. Just enough time to stop home and feed the cats and get changed before running off. The show is starting to come together. Man – there is some funny stuff in it. I can’t believe it’s next week. It runs Monday to Friday at 7 PM at the Rothesay Commons. Tickets are $10 each and don’t forget to bring a lawnchair/blanket.
>2 cups of ham, cubed
2 chicken breasts, sauteed & cubed
6 pieces of crispy bacon, crumbled
7 oz shrimp, broken
3 cups rice (cooked)
6 celery stalks, chopped
1 large onion, diced
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco to taste
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Cook the rice.
You’ll want to use a large deep saucepan that you can put everything in:
saute the chicken breasts in butter. Cut up the cooked chicken.
Chop up the celery and dice the onion. Saute the celery and onions until glassy.
Cook the bacon until crispy. Crumble it.
Chop up the ham and shrimp.
Then combine everything in the saucepan and mix it up. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serves 6 apparently.
>The only instruction for this meme is BOLD those that you’ve done:
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said ‘I love you’ and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your records
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror.
96. Raised children.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes.
134. Read The Iliad – and the Odyssey
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident
150: Saved someon’e life
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you like your job?
Depending on what projects I’m working on, it would range somewhere between 6 and 9. It helps when I feel like I’m contributing and making a difference. I’m fortunate enough to have a job that has great benefits and is flexible enough to allow me to do theatre in my spare time. The tough part for me is the fact that I’m a creative person working in big business, so a lot of times I feel quite disconnected.
When was the last time you think you were lied to?
I have no idea. I chhose to believe that no one would have any reason to lie to me. Ah – blissful ignorance – LOL!
Share some lyrics from one of your favorite songs.
“I lie in an early bed
Thinking late thoughts
Waiting for the black to replace
-Fiona Apple, The First Taste
What do you do/take when you are in pain?
Fill in the blanks: My __________ is very __________.
My life is very full.
My friends are very nice.
My family is very loving.
My kittens are very playful.
>Today was the first day this year where I left my place and headed for work and didn’t bring a jacket. What a treat!
I’m looking forward to rehearsal for Much Ado tonight. We’re getting our choreographerr and learning the dances. It should be fun!!
>I headed over to rehearsal last night and was still in work clothes. Yesterday, that meant I was wearing heels. We weren’t able to use to theatre to rehearse inso we headed outside to the courtyard, and that’s how I found myself slowly sinking into the grassy hill. It’s an odd feeling for all of you guys out there. It wasn’t necessarily a bad thing – it was more along the lines of amusing. Bit by bit we are getting more cast members joining the show. From what I’ve seen it’s going to be a lot of fun. In between things, I spent my spare time playing sudoku on my DS Lite. Damn addictive games – LOL. It is quite amusing how many people in the cast have a DS…
>Had rehearsal last night for Much Ado and it seemed to go well. I’m glad I stuck around for a few minutes at the end of things to see what Jay and the boys had come up with for a chase scene – it’s freakin’ hilarious! Aweome stuff
Not much else to report on. I’d still love to be completely lazy for a while but things are starting to pile up a bit so I have to start making better use of my time.